Appearance Consultation Tips for hair care
The possibility of hair loss varies with different drugs and treatments. Ask your doctor about your particular course of therapy. Below are steps you can take to avoid extra stress on your hair.
- Use a gentle shampoo. Shampoo less frequently than usual.
- Do not comb or brush hair excessively. Use a wide-tooth comb or brush.
- Postpone permanent wave, hair relaxer, or hair coloring services until the consulting physician approves the use of such products. Minimize use of firm-hold hair spray, styling gels or mousse.
- If possible, avoid using thermal styling tools such as a blow dryer, curling iron or hot rollers. If they are needed, set heat controls to a lower temperature.
- Avoid using glue or tape on the scalp. Polyurethane wig bases that need to be taped on should not be used when the scalp is sensitive.