In the IU Simon Cancer Center's patient care building, you'll find:
- Free brochures providing information related to cancer, including diagnosis, treatment options, nutrition, side effect management, clinical trials and community resources.
- Access to authoritative and reliable cancer information Web sites.
- Access to easy-to-understand, bilingual information via a touch screen computer.
- Access to a Natural Medicines Database with information regarding common dietary supplements and possible reactions with conventional cancer therapies.
The IU Simon Cancer Center also sponsors a resource center at Wishard in the Special Medicine Clinic of Regenstrief Health Center. Features of this center include:
- Pamphlets about cancer
- Computers with access to important cancer informational Web sites and bilingual information
- Television with educational DVDs and videos and a comfortable place to watch them
- Phone access to the American Cancer Society Hotline and National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Information Service
- A conference area to discuss information with healthcare professionals
- Displays about cancer and cancer-related issues
- Cancer support groups and educational programs
- Spiritual counseling through Wishard Chaplaincy
- Reference books
For information about childhood cancers, our pediatric patients and families are encouraged to visit the Edward A. Block Family Library located within the Frank and Marian Snyder Resource Center on the first floor of Riley Hospital for Children next to the chapel.