Preclinical Modeling and Therapeutics Core
Policies & Procedures
Request for services
To request mice from the on-site breeding facility, fill out the appropriate online mouse request form. Contact Karen Pollok (firstname.lastname@example.org) for detailed information on in vivo services and pricing or to set up a consultation and study design meeting.Manage IVT Orders
Acknowledgment, authorship, collaboration
All research work performed by the IVT core should be acknowledged in all ensuing publications. Fees paid for services provided by the core should not negate the potential of co-authorship by core scientists. These acknowledgements and achievements are important for the existence and continued funding of the core facility. Given that many validation procedures require advanced intellectual involvement by the core’s scientists (examples listed below), it is expected that this acknowledgement will be in the form of co-authorship according to the guidelines for authorship recommended by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.IVT scientists performing one or more of the following tasks meet the criteria for authorship:
- Literature review and providing assistance in selecting/conceiving the experiments appropriate for the study goals
- Experimental design
- Assay development/optimization
- Data analysis and interpretation of data, or both
- Preparation of pertinent sections/figures for the manuscript and revisions to address reviewer concerns/questions
- Mere collection of data (e.g., flow cytometry) using PI-provided protocols that require no further optimization and/or trouble-shooting.
- Mere collection of in vivo study data (no data analysis or interpretation by core scientists.
- Irradiation and/or transplant of bone marrow cells
- Routine sample processing (e.g., serum/plasma separation, isolation of PBMCs from blood)
Distribution of mice for studies not implemented by core personnel:
We maintain the following strains:
- NSG: NOD.Cg-Prkdcscid Il2rgtm1Wjl/SzJ
- NRG: (NOD.Cg-Rag1tm1Mom Il2rgtm1Wjl/SzJ)
- NSGS (NOD.Cg-Prkdcscid Il2rgtm1Wjl Tg(CMV-IL3,CSF2,KITLG)1Eav/MloySzJ)
- Boy J: B6.SJL-Ptprca Pepcb/BoyJ
- F1: C57BL/6J x B6.SJL-Ptprca Pepcb/BoyJ
Data generated by the core is kept on a secure server with access to core personnel only. Communication of data to clients will be done using a secure website on the IUSCCC intranet. Each lab's folder is password protected and accessed only by lab and core personnel. Data or information (verbal and/or electronic) are not shared with any outside parties.
If a resolution cannot be reached at the core director level, the issue will be taken to the core advisory committee for discussion and resolution.
Cost recovery/payment policy:
If recovery of payment becomes an issue, the IUSCCC business managers will contact the customer and/or their department to collect charges owed. If there is a dispute in charges, the conflict resolution policy above will be followed.
Prioritization of work:
Core studies or services will be prioritized based on IUSCCC and/or IUSM membership followed by non members. Projects enter the Core upon receipt of a study request form and approved animal study or amendment. In the event that there is a backlog of studies, services will be prioritized based on IU Simon Cancer Center and/or IU School of Medicine membership followed by non-members. Priority will be given to users with peer-reviewed grant funding.
Investigators planning to use the CRT core must fill out the Consultation Form, which can be obtained directly from Emily Sims at email@example.com.